Skip to main content

Featured

Simple Curb Appeal with New Outdoor Lighting

Okay, you guys, this project was on the "One day I'll get around to this" list, but I was laying in bed, putzing on my phone, and I happened to see this BRAND NEW Darby Home Dorchester Light Fixture for only $10 on Facebook Marketplace. Who can say no to saving $195?! As soon as I got up, I measured the size and messaged the seller. Out old outdoor light was fine. I guess. It was too small, not my style, and dated. Really, I wanted something pretty that would make a statement. If you're selecting a outdoor wall-mounted light fixture, pick one that is 1/3 to 1/4 of the size of your door. Yes, it will seem huge, but this is what will make your fixture pop, even from afar. Many houses I see have fixtures that look so tiny, and that is because people are trying to save money and don't measure properly. If you're not sure whether to replace a fixture yourself or hire a pro, Chelsea over at Two Twenty One goes through the general process here . When installin

The Best First Thing I Did to My House

When we purchased our house, the bathroom window featured a set of beige, dusty, ill-fitting blinds. I wish I had a picture of how gross they looked, but it would be embarrassing. These particular blinds drew your eyes away from the pretty wainscoting that is original to the house, away from the porcelain fixtures, and completely hid the light peeking through the neighboring pine tree. If you entered the house and looked down the hallway, I swear, all you would see were these blinds. They were that atrocious.

Installing window film was the best bathroom window treatment


The problem was, the only thing keeping the neighbors from getting a full view of the bathroom were said blinds. So I began searching the internet, as well as my local Home Depot, and decided to buy a privacy window film for 11 bucks along with a squeegee. Make sure you also have a razor blade if you want a seamless look.

The problem was, the only thing keeping the neighbors from getting a full view of the bathroom were said blinds. So I began searching the internet, as well as my local Home Depot, and decided to buy window film.
When you buy a house, you want to make it yours. You want everything to be well-organized and attractive and functional. This fifteen minute DIY has given my bathroom an upgraded look and peaceful view, while letting so much light in. This window film was simple to apply and has given me no issues. A friend was visiting and mentioned how she loves "the character, like the etched glass in the bathroom" in my house. That's how awesome this film looks. She had no idea she was looking at a window cling.

On a side note, if you do make purchases from Amazon, make sure to use smile.amazon.com, which generates donations towards a charity of your choice, with no cost to you!






Popular Posts